Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Taco Tuesday - Stuffed Potato Tacos

Time for another adventure in the kitchen.

I am in LOVE with anything sweet potato right now, so I thought I would try out something new that I've seen on recipe sites here and there.

STUFFED POTATO TACOS



We had the ingredients on hand and the recipe is simple, which is the first thing I look for in a meal. Here's what I did:


Ingredients:
2 medium sweet potatoes
2 medium russet potatoes
1 lb ground chicken (or whatever meat you choose)
1/2 pkg McCormick's Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
2 roma tomatoes (diced)
1/4 head of lettuce (sliced into strips)
shredded cheese
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Scrub and wash your potatoes and then pierce them several times with a fork. I used a knife this time and it worked just as well.
  2. Place your potatoes on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven for about 45 minutes.
  3. Start dicing your tomatoes and lettuce and get your cheese grated (or if you're like me, make sure you know where your package of shredded cheese is!) Put it in the fridge until your potatoes are ready.
  4. When you have about 10 minutes left of baking time for the potatoes, start cooking your ground meat and adding your seasoning. **I used the pkg seasoning because that's what we had in the pantry, but there's no doubt more "healthy" ways to make your own spices. Somewhere down the line, one of my abuela's ancestors is probably disappointed in what a generic Mexicana I am :) **
  5. Pull your potatoes out of the oven, slice them open and give the insides a little mashing to form a bowl for your ground meat. Cuidado, because they'll be hot!
  6. Fill with your meat, tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese and enjoy! 
Here are some more pictures of our tacos. We each had one and saved the other for lunch the next day.

Not so pretty Russet potato taco





















Have you tried something like this before? 

What's your favorite taco variation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...